Personal Information Protection Policy
Personal Information Protection Policy of Next Co., Ltd.
Adopted: March 25, 2005 Revised: April 20, 2010
We, Next Group, wish to make everyone around us happy, including our society, customers, families and friends. We promise to continue to evolve without becoming complacent with the status quo in order to make Japan a place where more people will feel secure and become happy. We are aware of importance of personal information which we handle and will develop a compliance program on personal information protection in accordance with the policy set forth below. Our goal is to gain people's trust and to have our service contribute to everyone's happiness through our strict implementation and continuing effort to improve.
Scope of Application of Policy
This Policy sets forth the policy on how to handle the customers'personal information which Next Group received in connection with the customers'use of services managed by Next Group and other related services ("Service").
Definition of Terms Used in the Policy
"Personal information" under this Policy means information on an individual which comprises of individual's name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, workplace, date of birth and other information which will make the identification of such individual possible. Even in cases where an individual cannot be identified with such information alone, such information will become personal information if such information can be easily referred to another information from which the individual is identifiable.
"Next Group" under this Policy means Next Co., Ltd., its subsidiaries and affiliates, companies to which the equity method is applicable, and other companies which has a business tie-up with Next Co., Ltd., as separately designated by us. Companies which belong to "Next Group" will be updated from time to time. Companies which belong to "Next Group" are set forth below.
Procurement of Personal Information
Next Group will use the personal information of customers procured by Next Group for the purposes set forth below ("Purpose").
- Personal identification at the time and after the login and automatic display of member information on each screen, in case a customer uses the service as a registered member of Next Group's service
- To act as an intermediary or to forward information to advertising company or organization providing the information ("Advertiser") based on customer's request
- To provide information or to send surveys relating to Next Group's services (including magazines sent by e-mail) by e-mail, mail and telephone
- To accept application for sweepstakes sponsored by Next Group and to contact and send gifts and prizes to the winners of sweepstakes
- Analysis and extraction made to enhance the quality of services and advertisements of Next Group
- To personalize the contents of advertisements for customers based on the personal attributes of customer such as gender, age, address, hobbies and interests and customer's webpage view record of Next Group's website
- To provide information to customers such as advertisements which Next Group considers as beneficial to customers
- To respond to questions from customers
- Any other times when customers' personal information is required in order to provide service to customers
Use of Personal Information
Companies within Next Group will jointly use the personal information of customers to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose.
Use of Cookie
Consent to Provide Personal Information to Third Party
Next Group may provide the personal information held by Next Group to third parties only in the cases set forth below. However, the personal information will only be provided to third parties to the extent necessary, and the scope of use by such third parties will also be limited to the extent necessary. Third party does not include any company to which Next Group entrusts its service, which jointly uses the personal information with Next Group and which is under the direction and supervision of Next Group.
- In case it is based on any laws or regulations
- In case it is necessary to protect the life, health or property of customer or customer's employee, and consent from such customer is difficult
- In case it is especially necessary to enhance public health or to facilitate the wholesome growth of children, and consent from such customer is difficult
- In case it is necessary to cooperate with the performance of work of government organization, local public organization or person who has been entrusted with such work, and there is risk that procurement of customer's consent may impede on the performance of such work
- In case the data containing the personal information is disclosed or provided to a third party after the data have been processed into a condition in which the identification of customer's personal information is impossible.
Exemption from Liability for Providing Personal Information to Third Party
Next Group shall not be liable in any way for the procurement of personal information by any third party in the cases set forth below. In case of 1 below, please contact the applicable company or organization for the handling of personal information by Advertiser.
- In case the customer himself requested for information via this Service and disclosed his personal information to the Advertiser
- In case the customer became identifiable unexpectedly based on the information which the customer inputted into the Service
- In case a person other than the customer procured information which will enable such person to identify the customer (e.g., ID and password)
- In case the user provides his personal information from the outside website which is linked to this Service, or such information is used in such outside website
In case Next Group provides the customer's personal information to a third party based on the consent from such customer, the customer's personal information provided to such party will become the property of such third party from the time of provision of information. Next Group and such third party will handle the customer's personal information in accordance with their respective personal information protection policies. Neither Next Group nor such third party will become liable on the other's handling of personal information.
Entrustment of Personal Information
Next Group may, from time to time, entrust all or part of work of handling personal information to a third party. In such case, however, the personal information will only be provided to such third party to the extent necessary and the scope of use by such third party will also be limited to the extent necessary.
Amendment to the Policy
Next Group may amend this Policy from time to time. We recommend that you regularly check this Policy.
Contact Person on the Handling of Personal Information
For any question on the management of personal information or consultation on notice, disclosure, correction and deletion of Purpose, please contact:
Next Group Information Desk on Personal Information Questions
- Company Name：
- Next Co., Ltd.
- Shinagawa Front Building, 2-3-13, Kounan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0075